1. Compliance with laws and regulations
The Company will acquire, use, and otherwise handle personal information in compliance with the relevant laws and regulations and other norms.
2. Acquisition and use of personal information
When handling personal information, the Company will determine the purpose of use and publicize it or otherwise notify the person concerned. The purpose of using acquired personal information is as described in “About the handling of personal information” below. When acquiring and using personal information for a purpose other than those described, the Company will first explain the purpose of use, method of use, scope of use, etc., and separately obtain the consent of the person concerned.
3. Management of personal information
The Company will implement security measures such as information security measures to ensure the accuracy and safety of personal information, and will take remedial action against the risk of unauthorized access to personal information and the leakage, loss, or damage of personal information.
4. Supervision of employees
The Company will provide the necessary and appropriate supervision and guidance to its officers, employees, and collaborators to ensure safe management of personal information, and will strive to continuously improve such supervision and guidance.
5. Supervision of contractors
If the handling of personal information is outsourced to a third party, the Company will provide the necessary and appropriate supervision and guidance to the third party to ensure the safe management of personal information.
6. Disclosure, etc., of personal information
If the Company has received a request to disclose personal information, etc., from the person concerned, then it will respond to such a request appropriately and promptly after confirming the identity of the person making the request.
7. Provision to third parties
The Company will never provide personal information to third parties without the prior consent of the person concerned, except as required by laws and regulations.
The Company will continually review and improve its efforts to protect personal information.
About the handling of personal information
1. Purpose of use of personal information
The Company will use personal information within the scope of the following purposes, except in cases provided for as exceptions by laws and regulations:
- (1)Procedures relating to the shipping of products and payment for products;
- (2)Product after-sales service;
- (3)Provision of information about products and services, and the improvement of products and services;
- (4)Research and development of products and services;
- (5)Survey and analysis for the purpose of understanding product demand and product development;
- (6)Management of contracted business;
- (7)Appropriate performance of paper work and management (accounting, quality improvement, safety assurance, analysis/reporting of medical accidents or their prevention, etc.);
- (8)Use as basic materials for the maintenance and improvement of medical services and operations, cooperation with healthcare professionals, education and training of healthcare professionals, research, satisfaction surveys, and questionnaire surveys for business improvement, in the process of executing management and operation work entrusted to the Company by medical institutions.
- (9)Presentations at academic societies, publication in medical journals, etc. (The reporting of cases of specific patients/users/related persons in academic societies, study groups, academic journals, etc., will be anonymized by deleting the name, date of birth, address, etc., of the subject. The Company will obtain the consent of the subject if the case anonymization is difficult);
- (10)Response to enquiries;
- (11)Questionnaire surveys on the Company’s products and services;
- (12)Use as non-personally identifiable statistical information;
- (13)Execution of other operations related to the business specified in each of the preceding paragraphs; and
- (14)Achievement of any other purpose of use that the Company has specified separately in addition to the above
2. Disclosure of personal information
If the Company has received a request to disclose personal information from the person concerned based on the provisions of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, then it will disclose the requested information promptly after confirming the identity of the person making the request (or notify the requester that the Company does not hold such personal information, as the case may be). However, the Company may elect not to disclose some or all of the requested information if such disclosure falls under any of the following items. The Company will notify the requester via e-mail or in writing without delay if it has decided not to disclose information.
- (1)The Company is not obliged to disclose the information based on the Act on the Protection of Personal Information or other laws and regulations;
- (2)Disclosure may harm the life, body, property, or other rights and interests of the person concerned or a third party;
- (3)Disclosure may significantly hinder the proper implementation of the Company’s business; or
- (4)Disclosure would be in violation of other laws and regulations.
3. Disclosure based on societal demands and public requests
The Company may provide personal information to third parties as a good member of society in the following situations:
- (1)When required by law;
- (2)When disclosure is necessary for the protection of human life, body, or property, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person concerned; or
- (3)When disclosure is necessary in order to cooperate with the execution of affairs prescribed by laws and regulations by a government agency, local government, or a party entrusted by either of the preceding authorities, and obtaining the consent of the person concerned could hinder the execution of those affairs
4. Correction, etc., of personal information
- (1)If the Company has received a request to correct, add to, or delete the content on personal information (hereinafter, "Correction, etc.") from the person concerned based on the provisions of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information by reason of such information being untrue, then the Company will first confirm the identity of the person making the request and then, except in the case when special procedures regarding Correction, etc., of the content are stipulated by other laws and regulations, conduct the necessary investigation without delay and make the Correction, etc., to the content on personal information based on the outcome of such investigation within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use of the information, and notify the person who made the request to that effect. In addition, if the Company has decided not to make the Correction, etc., it will notify the requester to that effect.
- (2)If the Company has received a request to cease using or erase personal information (hereinafter, "Cease Using, etc.") from the person concerned by reason of the Company handling such information in a manner beyond the scope of the purpose of use announced in advance or by reason of the information having been obtained by deception or other fraudulent means, then the Company will, if it has deemed it necessary to comply with such a request, first confirm the identity of the person making the request and then Cease Using, etc., the personal information and notify the person who made the request to that effect. In addition, if the Company has decided not to Cease Using, etc., information, it will notify the requester to that effect.
- (3)The provisions of the two preceding paragraphs shall not apply if the Company is not obliged to make Correction, etc., or Cease Using, etc., personal information based on the Act on the Protection of Personal Information or other laws and regulations.
5. Enquiries concerning personal information
Please direct any enquiries concerning personal information held by the Company to the following contact:
CellSource Co., Ltd.
2F Shibuya Mitake Building, 1-19-5 Shibuya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0002
TEL: +81 3 6455 5308 (switchboard)
6. About cookies
A cookie is a data file that this website sends to your computer so that when you visit this website again, it can recognize that the website is being accessed from your computer. You can turn off cookies in your browser settings if you do not wish to use them. However, some website services may not be available to you in that case.
7. About revisions
The Company will review and revise this section, “About the handling of personal information,” as appropriate.
CellSource Co., Ltd.